Soil food web analysis
A 10g soil sample is required to perform the analysis.
Guidelines for sampling:
- Samples should be drawn from the root zone of the plant of interest. Take a sample at the base of a plant.
- Brush away plant debris to expose the soil surface.
- Take three samples around the base of the plant with a small shovel or sample core.
- It is best to sample the top 10 – 15cm of the soil.
- Mix the samples together in a plastic bag, ensure that the bag is only half full leaving some space for air.
- Seal the bag and label with the sample reference number, customer name and date.
- Samples should be stored in the shade and not exposed to excessive heat.
- Samples should be shipped as soon as possible. The best results are gained within 3-5 days of sampling.